Independent Contractor to be responsible for implementing, configuring, and hardening Wordpress themes and components in accordance with industry best practices and client goals. This position coordinates with development team to meet deadlines, populate content, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Translate project content, media, and goals into easily managed Wordpress sites.
- Coordinate project tasks and deadlines with development team.
- Follow development methodologies consistent with Wordpress best practices.
- Conducting cross-browser compatibility testing.
- Adjusting css styles and component layouts to conform to responsive design standards.
- Troubleshoot content, display, and/or plugin issues.
- Ensure development process is properly documented.
- Proven work experience as a Wordpress developer.
- Familiarity with Wordpress SEO and security-hardening best practices.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and research best practices.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with project management tools: Dropbox, slack, zoom, etc..
- Process and detailed oriented.
- Photoshop experience.
- Basic knowledge of php, mysql, phpmyadmin.
- Version control (git / svn) experience.