Independent Contractor to be responsible for creating and writing various types of user and developer documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions.
- Explain technical ideas in simple language.
- Create user and developer documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
- Create table of contents.
- Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Provide updates and different editions as necessary
- Ensure fields flow in the correct sequence.
- Maintain consistent "in-house" style, voice, and layout.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and content management systems.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Microsoft Office or Apache Open Office.
- Familiarity with project management tools Dropbox, slack, zoom, etc..
- Process and detailed oriented.
- Photoshop experience.
- Version control (git / svn) experience.